Breathworks offers teacher training for those interested in learning Mindfulness-Based Pain Management (MBPM) for people with Chronic Pain and Long-Term Health Conditions (LTCs), as well as those wanting to become a Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress Teacher.
Following recent NICE recommendations (The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) and the findings of the 'APPG Mindful Nation Report 2015, there is currently a growing need for mindfulness teachers with the expertise to deliver high quality mindfulness programs.
The Training Programme is designed to build your understanding of and skills in:
- The principles and practices of MBPM
- Teaching the Breathworks approach to people with chronic pain, long-term health conditions and stress
- Clearly presenting Breathworks key concepts and facilitating group learning
- Effectively and confidently guiding meditation practices and mindful movement
- Supporting course participants in practising mindfulness in daily life
- Effectively delivering the Mindfulness for Health and/or Mindfulness for Stress course curricula
Training Programme Overviews & Pathway Diagrams
- Click here for an overview of the ‘old’ training programme for anyone doing TTi before the end of 2017, and a training pathway diagram.
- Click here for an overview of the new improved training programme from January 2018, and a new training pathway diagram.
Applying for the Training Programme
Please take the time to check that you meet the Breathworks Teacher Training prerequisites before submitting your application.
If you will be doing TTi from January 2018, you will be asked to specify dates in your application for both TTi and the online Orientation Workshop you must complete before TTi.
To complete and submit the online Training Application Form, click here:
If you do TTi (introductory teacher training) before the end of 2017:
You’ll be accredited to run our two signature 8-week courses, Mindfulness for Health (MfH) and Mindfulness for Stress (MfS).
If you do TTi from January 2018:
Initially you’ll be accredited to run one of our two signature 8-week courses, Mindfulness for Health (MfH) or Mindfulness for Stress (MfS) (with an option to do further training and become accredited to run both).
Cost of Breathworks Teacher Training
The cost of participating includes training and supervision, accommodation, and materials. For a detailed breakdown of fees.
- Click here for a detailed breakdown of fees for trainees completing TTi by the end of 2017.
- Click here for a detailed breakdown of fees for trainees completing TTi from January 2018.
We have a limited number of Bursary places for people whose financial circumstances are such that they would not be able to afford to train with us otherwise.
The amount of the Bursary is half of any one training retreat which comes from the charitable arm of our business, Breathworks Foundation. So you would need to contribute half of our lowest (concessionary) rate. In 2017 this is will be £920, so we would need you to pay £460 towards your retreat.
To apply, please complete the Bursary Application Form.
"I wish to train with Breathworks because I find it very easy to relate to your approach to mindfulness and meditation, both in your literature and CD's, and your method of teaching. The course I have done has been very well organised and set out, introducing me and my group very gradually to what can be quite a complex set of ideas and concepts, so that we haven't felt overwhelmed by information, or left behind. I think that Breathworks' literature and CD's are excellent and very usable too. Breathworks really does offer a comprehensive approach to learning and development, underpinned by a lovely, inclusive ethos, and that is why I want to train with you!"
Mrs. C., 55, suffered from chronic pain for 23 years
For more testimonials please watch our videos below.
Good Practice Guidelines
Our training organisation is a participating member of the UK Network of Mindfulness-based Teacher Training Organisations. Our trainees adhere to the Good Practice Guidelines for Trainers and we encourage the teachers we train to adhere to the Good Practice Guidelines for Teachers.
Mindfulness Teacher Training for Organisations
We can also devise training courses to meet the specific needs of a group or organisation, for example, staff at an NHS Trust.
Contact us on (+44) 0161 834 1110 or email email@example.com for more information.