Effective from January 2018 onwards
We are delighted to announce changes to the Breathworks teacher training programme with effect from January 2018, changes which we are confident will better equip our accredited teachers to teach our signature Mindfulness for Health and Mindfulness for Stress courses, thereby helping their course participants experience for themselves the transformative potential of mindfulness and compassion, especially when coping with pain, health conditions, fatigue, stress or anxiety.
Refreshing the Breathworks teacher training programme
In making changes to the Breathworks teacher training programme, we are developing and improving our existing, very successful and highly regarded training programme rather than doing a complete overhaul. We will be building on the fundamental structure, content and learning process of the training as it stands. The changes will be implemented from the beginning of 2018, with full information about them on the Breathworks website from the end of July 2017, and applications open for the new-style training programme from that point.
What will the changes achieve?
The changes we are making aim to achieve:
- Improved overall quality of training provision
- Better access to training for students with particular needs
- Better consistency and depth of training experience for all trainees
- Better preparation for trainees as they embark on training with us
- Improved support for trainees throughout their training experience
- More advanced trainings for both Mindfulness for Health and Mindfulness for Stress courses
- Greater choice for trainees about whether to focus on the Health or Stress course first
- A clearer pathway for existing MBSR/MBCT teachers
- More progression in CPD opportunities
1. The new style TTi (only) will run from January 2018. Anyone who books onto TTi from January 2018 must also book onto an online Orientation Workshop to take place before their TTi. We will offer these workshops from October 2017.
2. Anyone already in the Breathworks training programme will have until September 2018 to complete their TTa and still be able to achieve accreditation in both Mindfulness for Health and Mindfulness for Stress courses. We will offer old style TTa in residential and modular form until September 2018, for those already in the training programme.
3. In September 2018 we will run one TTa event, which will satisfy TTa requirements for trainees in both ‘old’ and ‘new’ systems, with special content and separate groups. After that all TTa events will be ‘new’ style, for trainees who do their TTi training with Breathworks from January 2018.
4. If there are any ‘old’ style training programme participants after September 2018, they will be offered a place on a new style TTa, choosing to focus on either the Health or Stress course. If they want accreditation in both Mindfulness for Health and Mindfulness for Stress courses, they will be able to achieve this by supporting a course in the one which was not the focus of their TTa, until the end of June 2019.
If you are unsure about how transitional arrangements affect you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 834 1110.