There are three prerequisites for Breathworks Teacher Training.
- If you do your TTi training by December 2017, you must satisfy Prerequisites 1 and 2 (though we strongly recommend that you also try to satisfy Prerequisite 3 if possible).
- Trainees undertaking TTi from January 2018 onward must satisfy all three prerequisites.
1. Breathworks mindfulness course
We ask that you either complete, or have completed within the last two years, one of the following courses:
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Health 8 week courses. Ideal for people who can get to a course nearby.
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress 8 week courses. Ideal for people who can get to a course nearby.
- Breathworks Mindfulness and Compassion for Health Professionals. Two 3-day non-residential modules, recommended for NHS and health professionals.
- Breathworks 3 day course for MBSR/MBCT teachers. Mindfulness teachers who have completed this course can apply directly to Advanced level training (TTa).
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Health Online course.Home based group online course enabling you to practise at home and with others (please select one of the courses specifically aimed at trainee teachers if possible)
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Health 5 day immersion retreat (dates and details to be confirmed shortly) – great if you can’t get to a local course or haven’t been on retreat before
If you complete an MBSR/MBCT 8 week courses led by a teacher who meets the UK Network Good Practice Guidelines you can also apply for Breathworks Teacher Training with the additional pre-requisite of completing a Breathworks online Mindfulness for Health course.
Please note: you must have attended at least 70% of your qualifying prerequisite course (attending a fellow trainee's Practice course will not count)
2. Meditation practice
We ask that you have a mindfulness meditation practice of at least one year by the time you attend your first training event. For example, if you have been meditating for 6 months and apply in December to attend our June retreat, you will have been meditating for a year by the time you attend the retreat, which meets the prerequisite.
We also ask that you have been on a teacher-led meditation retreat (of a recommended 5 days length). If you have not been on retreat, you can still start your training and fulfil this prerequisite by going on retreat within 12 months of completing your training with Breathworks.
The Breathworks Mindfulness for Health 5 day immersion retreat (dates and details to be confirmed shortly) or any of our meditation retreats will fulfil this prerequisite.
You can access the Training Programme Application here: