Do you suffer from stress and the suffering associated with stress?
Join the thousands of other people around the world who have discovered the power of mindfulness and compassion in dealing with the stresses of daily life.
- Breath and body awareness can support you to bring compassion to your experience of stress
- Mindful movements can help calm body and mind, and establish greater awareness
- Mindfulness can help you to see more clearly your habits and patterns that can lead to more stress, so you can begin to make different choices
- Mindfulness and compassion can radically change your experience of stress
- The simple pleasures of life can bring you joy, even in the midst of suffering
- Compassion towards yourself and others can help reduce isolation and support deeper connection to the common human experience of suffering
- Mindfulness and compassion can help you in choosing to respond, rather than react
If you don't live in these locations: Find your nearest course.
Who is the course for?
If you think this course has a chance of increasing your quality of life, we warmly invite you to attend. We have helped those experiencing stress associated with work, relationships, loss, and a huge range of other issues. Of course, you needn't be stressed to benefit from this course, since it focuses on strategies to help you flourish and find a greater stability of well-being throughout your life, experience the simple pleasures of life with more presence and richness, and find joy and calm even in the midst of unfavourable circumstances.
Feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss whether this course is right for you.
Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress Local Course
An eight week course for learning strategies and approaches within a supportive and friendly group setting with a qualified Breathworks Mindfulness Teacher. Perfect if you can travel to a location and participate in a class as well as complete a daily 35 minute meditation at home.
In some places this course is also run at the weekend with three double-classes (four hours) every fortnight plus a day long class (six hours) to finish.
In the Mindfulness for Stress course you will learn:
- ways to reduce stress and become more resilient, calmer, happier and inspired.
- how to apply mindfulness to all aspects of your life, giving you more choice in how you respond to life’s challenges.
The course includes:
- four meditation practices:
- body scan
- breath meditataion
- mindful movement
- kindness meditation
- Mindfulness in daily life which includes a number of small things (micro-practices!) that reduce stress while going about your daily activities.
- New ideas and ways of looking at problems that can transform the way you experience your life’s challenges.
Comments from participants attending 2013 Mindfulness for Stress courses
"I am finally realising that my thoughts are just thoughts, and that I do have a choice. I don't always exercise it, but it's always an option!"
"I think (the course) was very well designed – balance of theory and practice, an extremely insightful and caring teacher who has been very inspiring, plenty of help and guidance."
"Excellent Course overall, very worthwhile – it can change your life (for the better) with practice!"
"Very enlightening course. Simple to understand and adopt. Homework very manageable and no feelings of guilt if not managed to do it."