Prior to becoming a Mindfulness teacher and coaching supervisor, I was an Executive in the public sector and before that a Director in the private sector. It was while suffering with the mental and physical symptoms of stress and anxiety, in that former environment, that I was introduced to Mindfulness. I completed an 8 week MBSR course with Bangor University Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, which helped me to develop my own mindfulness practice routines.
It was the benefit I gained from Mindfulness that convinced me to share it with others and I have been teaching Breathworks' Mindfulness courses since 2014.
In addition to the groups courses I offer one-to-one sessions in person or over Skype and mindfulness based interventions (MBIs) to organisations.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Management Studies
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Qualified to teach:
- MBCT for Cancer – Bangor University Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice
- MBCT (light) - Finding Peace in a Frantic World (Oxford University Mindfulness Centre)
- Relax Kids for Children
- Breathworks' Mindfulness for Stress and Mindfulness for Health
- Finding Peace in a Frantic World - stress anxiety and mild depression
- Mindfulness based interventions in organisations
Supervision Training and Experience
- Peer supervision
- Supervision training with Mindfulness Network CIC (University of Exeter)
Generally introducing mindfulness to people - allowing them to explore and improve their own wellbeing as well as teaching me.
Mindfulness is an integral part of my daily life – in addition to daily meditations and grounding, I use it in preparation for anticipated stressful situations