Breathworks offers a wide range of continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities to support you in deepening your mindfulness practice and teaching. CPD events are created based on feedback from our teachers and students about what would be most useful for them. In addition to this we also feature CPD courses from our partners.
Who can attend?
These events are specifically designed to meet the needs of accredited Breathworks mindfulness teachers, although in most cases we also welcome teachers trained in other mindfulness-based interventions, as well as students in our training programme. Please see details of each event to make sure you meet the specific requirements for attendance.
UK Guidelines for Mindfulness Teachers
Ongoing annual CPD is a requirement of maintaining your accreditation with Breathworks and in keeping with the UK Guidelines for Mindfulness Teachers. This requirement includes completing at least one two-day event per year and participating in an annual residential, teacher-led retreat of at least four nights' duration.
Upcoming Events 2019
- Compassion Masterclass with Colette Power
When: Thurs-Fri, 14-15th February
- Masterclass with Vidyamala & Dr. Julia Morris - The Science of Chronic Pain and the Nervous System
When: Thursday 28th March, 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Teachers and Students Gathering
When: Friday 29th March, 10:30am - 4:30pm
- Mindfulness-Based Supervision Training
When: 16-17th May & 5-6th September
- Health Professionals Masterclass
When: Friday 5th July
- Masterclass with Vidyamala
Where: St. Michael's Hospice, Hereford
When: Fri-Sat 13-14th September
- Trama-Sensitive Mindfulness
When: 4-6pm, Tues 12th February
Led by: Tim Duerden & Ginny Wall
- Keeping It Real; The Power of Personal Story-Telling in Mindfulness Teaching
When: 5-7pm, Weds 29th May
Led by: Singhashri Gazmuri
- Breathing and the Sympathetic Nervous System [More info coming soon]
When: 4-6pm, Mon 15th July
Led by: Vidyamala Burch & Ginny Wall
- The Whole World Breathing; Exploring Questions of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in our Mindfulness Teaching
When: 4-6pm, Thurs 10th October
Led by: Ginny Wall
- Mindfulness in the Workplace: Adapting the Breathworks Approach
When: 11am-1pm, Weds 6th November
Led by: Singashri Gazmuri
CPD and Conversion Courses from our Partners
If you are interested in also becoming qualified to deliver MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction). Mindfulness UK offer a 3-day conversion course which then allows accredited Breathworks teachers to fast track their teacher training programme.
The Conversion Course takes in to consideration the prior knowledge, understanding and experience of teaching Mindful meditation practices learners already have through achieving the IMCPP or Breathworks training pathway. This means learners only attend 3 teaching days instead of 6, the usual amount of the MBSR TT Pathway and the cost is significantly lower.
It is still a 12 month training pathway and is in accordance with the UK Mindfulness Network Regulations, Good Practice Guidelines and MBI-TAC.
For more details click here.