Do you suffer from persistent pain, illness or any other condition such as chronic fatigue or stress that has affected your health?
Breathworks courses can teach you mindfulness skills to help you improve the quality of your life and your health.You will learn:
- How to manage pain, illness and fatigue in daily life
- How to breathe into the present moment and find choice
- Breath and body awareness
- Gentle mindful movement and relaxation
- Mindfulness meditation practice, including cultivating kindliness towards yourself and empathy for others
"Attending the Breathworks course has helped completely turn my life around." MH, muscular pain
Read more Testimonials
An eight week course where you will learn strategies and approaches within a supportive, friendly group setting with a qualified Breathworks Mindfulness Teacher. This course is an expanded version of the course in the Mindfulness for Health book, written by Vidyamala Burch and Danny Penman. It includes longer meditations, a wider range of mindful movements and extra input. Perfect if you can travel to a location and participate in a group for two and a half hours once a week and complete 35-45 mins meditation at home six days out of seven.
This home based group online course guides you through our online Mindfulness for Health course where you will learn a wide range of mindfulness skills, enabling you to practise at home and with others (See below for more details of the online course).
Using a virtual classroom called Voicethread you have the option of posting how you're getting on and hearing from others in a similar situation. This course is for anyone suffering with pain and/or illness, or any other condition such as chronic fatigue or stress that has affected your health, who cannot attend a local course and wants to practise from home.
The course is designed by Vidyamala Burch, based on 25 years experience of managing severe pain with mindfulness.
Fees £160. (Bursaries are available - contact us email@example.com.)
Further information and how to book
Next Course starting 8th September
An eight step home based online course for learning mindfulness strategies and approaches for health. For anyone who cannot attend a local course and wants to practise from home using short instruction videos and led 10 minute practices online. The course is designed by Vidyamala Burch, based on 25 years experience of managing severe pain with mindfulness.
The log in details are valid for 12 weeks giving you plenty of time to complete the eight steps.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone suffering with pain and/or illness, or any other condition such as chronic fatigue or stress that has affected your health, who cannot attend a local course and wants to practise from home. If you are unsure if this course is for you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will I learn?
A wide range of mindfulness skills to ease your suffering associated with persistent pain, fatigue and ill health and the associated stress. You will learn new strategies and approaches each week of the course.
More about how to access our Online Courses
Course fees: £75
A certified Breathworks Teacher will guide you through the Breathworks Mindfulness for Health course of led meditations where you will learn mindfulness skills to ease your suffering associated with persistent pain, fatigue and ill health and the associated stress. During each week you will follow the course at home and have an hour long phone call with the teacher to deepen your learning and answer any questions you might have.
For more information, please contact the office +44 0161 834 1110
A complete eight week course in a box for you to use again and again at a time that suits you. This is based on Vidyamala's Living Well with Pain and Illness book and complements the courses above which are based on the Mindfulness for Health book. You could consider completing this course if you wish to go deeper in your mindfulness practice.
- Living Well with Pain and Illness book
- Four accompanying CDs - Body Scan, Mindfulness of Breathing (double CD), Kindly Awareness (double CD), CD of additional mindfulness enquiry exercises
- Mindfulness of Daily Life booklet
- Mindful Movement pack (including DVD, CDs and mindful movement booklet)
- Instruction booklet outlining the full Breathworks programme, including diary pages and scheduling information, forming a complete self-management training package
Purchase in our Shop