Do you or someone you know suffer from chronic pain, illness or any other long-term health condition?
The award winning Breathworks Mindfulness for Health course teaches you mindfulness and compassion to help you improve the quality of your life and your health.
You will learn how:
- Breath and body awareness can support you to bring compassion to your experience of physical, mental and emotional pain
- Mindfulness in daily life can help you to pace yourself, so you can do more of what you love
- Mindful movements can support mindfulness in daily life
- Mindfulness and compassion can radically change your experience of pain
- The simple pleasures of life can bring you joy, even in the midst of suffering
- Compassion towards yourself and others can help reduce isolation and support deeper connection to the common human experience of suffering
- Mindfulness and compassion can help you in choosing to respond, rather than react
The course is based on the eight week Mindfulness for Health course which is designed for anyone who suffers with pain, illness or any other condition such as chronic fatigue or stress that has affected your health.
This online course is particularly for those who cannot attend a local course and want to practice from home or work using short instruction videos and led 10 minute practices, twice a day online.
What have researchers found?
The first formal Randomised Control Trial using this course was conducted in Sweden in 2013, and found that participants experienced significant:
- reductions in pain
- increased acceptance of pain
- improvement in quality of life
You can choose to either do the course with others in a worldwide web-based group, or follow the course on your own.
You will be guided through our Online Mindfulness for Health course and given the opportunity to practise with others from the comfort of your home.
This course is for anyone suffering with pain, illness or any other condition such as chronic fatigue or stress that has affected your health, and who cannot attend a local course.
These videos below tells you more about this course: