5-day Residential Mindfulness for Health Course
This retreat is an rare opportunity to completely immerse yourself in the life-changing practices and skills taught in the 8-week Mindfulness for Health Course, within a 5-day residential context. You will be able to practice within a supportive and kind environment, amongst others on the same journey, and guided by trainers who are experts in the Breathworks approach.
Learn the life-changing skills from the Breathworks Mindfulness for Health course on a relaxing week-long residential course
Chronic pain and ill-health can feel unbearable, debilitating, and unfair. Breathworks’ 8-week Mindfulness for Health course has been backed with huge amounts of research, and changed the lives of thousands of people suffering from long-term conditions and health troubles. We’ve decided to make this course more effective and accessible to people in need by offering it as a 5-day residential, run by our most experienced teachers.
Look at the retreat content and schedule, try some guided Breathworks meditations from the course if you want to, and if you think the retreat will suit you, you can book your place with the link below.
“Mindfulness for Health has literally changed my life. I can do a lot more, and enjoy what I’m doing.”
S.O. - Rheumatoid arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis
These techniques, a mix of mindfulness and compassion practice, meditation, and modern pain management strategies, were created by mindfulness experts who have suffered themselves from chronic pain and health problems, and who made it their life’s mission to share them. They are such powerful tools, and many of your symptoms may continue to be difficult to manage without them. Why wait?
You can learn to live a rich and full life, restore your wellbeing, and truly say that your pain or health condition is well managed. Book your place now.
New Dates Coming Soon
- Body scan and awareness of breath, to help relax, release tension, and use the breath as an aid for pain management.
- Gentle, restorative mindful movement techniques, suitable for all - meditation in motion
- Mindfulness in daily life, and pacing techniques to live with more awareness, and overcome the tendency to overdo it on good days, and collapse on bad days.
- Learning to overcome the negativity bias of attention, and live with gratitude and cultivate joy in the small pleasures of life.
- Meditation techniques to support these skills, and to awaken mindfulness, compassion and self-compassion, and joy.
- You will also have the invaluable opportunity to talk to members of the Breathworks team one-to-one and in-depth about your personal meditation practice.
These techniques, backed with huge amounts of medical research, have helped thousands of people over the years, and a best-selling, award-winning book, Mindfulness for Health, was written based on the course.
Who is it for?
- Anyone who either can’t make it to an 8-week course or would prefer to learn in the immersive conditions provided by being on retreat.
- People coming for pain or health conditions, or simply wishing to experience greater well-being.
- Health and other professionals wishing to deepen their understanding and experience of mindfulness.
- 8-week mindfulness course graduates who wish to take their practice deeper.
- This retreat fulfils two of the pre-requisites for training with Breathworks – attending a course and attending a residential retreat.
- This retreat also meets the residential retreat CPD requirement for mindfulness teachers, trainers, and supervisors who may struggle to attend a week-long retreat due to family or other life commitments. Please discuss with your supervisor before booking.
What Will the Course be Like?
In this residential context, you will be able to let go of everyday concerns, and really live the practices taught in the Mindfulness for Health course. There is a schedule of teaching sessions and meals, cooked by volunteers, structured around a spacious amount of free time. The retreat centres that we hire are located in beautiful countryside, and have many communal areas, as well as spaces for rest and reflection.
A typical day's programme is as follows:
7.00 rise (moving to 6.30 after second day) followed by meditation
10.30 teaching session
1.00 lunch followed by free time to rest and take walks in the countryside
4.00 teaching session
7.45 teaching session
There are a limited number of concessionary places at £495, which are available to people in financial hardship. As a guide we suggest this applies to people with an income of less than £17,000 a year, or less than £20,000 if you live in London. If your annual income is higher than this and would like to discuss your eligibility for a concessionary place for other reasons, please contact us.
If you are a student member of the Breathworks Training Programme or an accredited Breathworks Mindfulness teacher and are interested in attending this event, but wouldn't be able to do so because of financial hardship, please contact the office to discuss discount or payment options.