"Mindful Movement - the breathworks way" is a complete introduction to mindful movement as developed and taught at Breathworks.
The movements are those used on the highly successful Breathworks courses, but also form a stand-alone programme for mindfulness training.
The aims of the programme are fourfold:
- to improve awareness as you move so you can take the training into daily life - bringing awareness to lifting, walking, bending, reaching and so on,
- learning to move with the breath rather than habitually holding the breath against movement
- to improve your flexibility
- to improve your strength
For these reasons the Breathworks Mindful Movement programme is not simply an exercise programme, getting you to stretch further or hold poses for longer. Equally important is the emphasis on developing the quality of your awareness as you move by becoming mindful. By becoming sensitive to your body's sensations you can inhabit it more deeply and feel more relaxed, grounded and alive.
This programme is suited to people with chronic pain, illness and stress, and anyone interested in Mindfulness training. It provides a new alternative to the more formal ways of Mindfulness training such as sitting meditation.
This Mindful Movement Pack is also a companion to Chapter 8 of Living Well with Pain and Illness by Vidyamala Burch and forms part of the course materials for the Breathworks Living Well programmes.
The Complete pack includes:
- An A5, 64 page, booklet
- An eighty minute DVD demonstrating how to set yourself up for all the movements and showing each movement in detail
- An audio CD: Three 20 minute led sequences, lying down
- An audio CD: Three 20 minute led sequences, lying down, sitting, standing