Suitable for: Mindfulness teachers and students in mindfulness teacher training programmes
* Final team will be confirmed two weeks before the event subject to group size
Dates: November 23 and 24, 2017
Venue: West London Buddhist Centre
Enquiry serves as the heart of the eight week course, offering a space where teachers and participants mutually explore what they are noticing in their mindfulness practice. This noticing opens the door to a deeper understanding of ourselves, our suffering, how we react to suffering, and how we can choose to respond with more awareness and kindness toward ourselves and others. Enquiry can also lead to deeper experiences of the benefits of mindfulness, helping participants explore what it feels like to be more calm, at ease, and balanced so they can familiarize themselves with these more positive, nurturing mental and emotional states. Over the two days we will explore:
- The purpose and principles of enquiry
- Enquiring into our own experience and process as mindfulness practitioners
- Deep listening
- Reflecting back what we've heard, seen and felt
- Asking questions from a place of warmth, curiosity and interest
- The role of kindness and compassion in enquiry
- One-on-one enquiry
- Group enquiry
- Making choices during the enquiry process
- Working with our own thoughts and feelings during enquiry
By the end of the workshop we will have explored the nature and value of inquiry and personal processing and how both inform and enrich our personal practice and teaching approach. Upon completion of this module you will also have built your understanding of, skills in, and confidence to lead enquiry in your eight week courses.
Cost: Individual rate £250, concessionary rate £180
There is a 10% discount for Breathworks student members and accredited teachers.
Booking: To book please click on the link below. At the end of the form, on clicking submit, you will be directed to a secure payment site to pay the course fee which will confirm your booking.