Suitable for: Breathworks Associates and accredited teachers
Supervision Part 1 and Part 2
Led by: Singhashri Gazmuri *
* Final team will be confirmed two weeks before the event subject to group size
Dates: May 30-31, 2017 and September 12, 2017
Location: West London Buddhist Centre
Cost: £350 individual rate; £250 concessionary rate
There is a 10% discount for Breathworks student members and accredited teachers.
"Mindfulness supervision is a regular space that is contracted between supervisor and supervisee that enables them to reflect together on the supervisee's mindfulness practice and explore how it impacts and integrates with their work and life. This process is dedicated to developing and deepening the growth, understanding and effectiveness of the supervisee's application of mindfulness, both personally and in their working life." Cindy Cooper and Jody Mardula – June 2011
On-going mindfulness-based supervision is an important part of the good practice requirements for teachers of mindfulness-based courses. It can provide an invaluable opportunity to reflect upon and inquire about mindfulness teaching and practice. Mindfulness-based supervision is unique in the way that the session itself is imbued with mindfulness in terms of practice, embodied presence and compassion. The sessions are very much a collaborative process. The intention is to create an alliance between the supervisor and supervisee that will foster an open and creative exploration of your personal practice and how it might interweave with your teaching and mindfulness in work.
This supervision training is for experienced Breathworks teachers who are already supervising or are interested in beginning to supervise other teachers, and who have a background in mindfulness-based approaches necessary to fulfil the Good Practice Guidelines for Teachers of and Trainers see: http://mindfulnessteachersuk.org.uk/
In particular applicants need to:
- have experience and training in the use of the inquiry process
- be engaged in their own mindfulness-based supervision
The training will be taught experientially as we engage together in a process of mindful exploration and inquiry to deepen our practice as supervisors.
In the first two days in May we will:
- Explore the foundations of mindfulness-based supervision
- Identify the tasks and functions of supervision from a mindfulness perspective
- Identify the importance and process of setting up contracts
- Explore a Mindfulness-based Supervision Model which includes a supervisory inquiry process
- Discussion and skills practice will focus on how this model can be applied in supervision
- Throughout there will be time for practice, reflective time and dialogue in small and large groups
In September we will:
- Have further opportunity for experiential learning and skills development using real life examples from your supervisory experiences between May and September
- Identify ways to continue development as a supervisor
Evans, A., Crane, R., Cooper, L,. Mardula, J., Wilks, J., Surawy, C., Kenny, M., Kuyken, W. (2014). A Framework for Supervision for Mindfulness-Based Teachers: a Space for Embodied Mutual Inquiry;
Booking: To book please click on the link below. At the end of the form, on clicking submit, you will be directed to a secure payment site to pay the course fee which will confirm your booking.