5-day Immersion Retreat - Skills from the Mindfulness for Health 8-week course
This retreat is an rare opportunity to completely immerse yourself in the life-changing practices and skills taught in the Mindfulness for Health Course, within a 5-day residential context. You will be able to practice within a supportive and kind environment, amongst others on the same journey, and guided by trainers who are experts in the Breathworks approach.
- Sunday the 10th to Friday the 15th of June, at Adhisthana Retreat Centre, Herefordshire (click for address and travel details)
Please plan to arrive between 5-6pm on Sunday and to leave by 11am on Friday
Leaders: Vidyamala Burch and Sona Fricker, two of the founders of Breathworks. They have both been meditating for decades and love teaching and practising meditation with others. They will be assisted by a team of Breathworks Associate teachers, Alison Purnell and Colette Power.
- Sunday the 26th to Friday 31st of August, at Vajrasana Retreat Centre, Suffolk (click for address and travel details).
Please plan to arrive between 5-6pm on Sunday and to leave by 11am on Friday.
Leaders: Andrea Cygler, one of our most experienced Breathworks trainers, and a team of other Breathworks teachers still to be announced.
- Body scan and awareness of breath, to help relax, release tension, and use the breath as an aid for pain management.
- Gentle, restorative mindful movement techniques, suitable for all - meditation in motion
- Mindfulness in daily life, and pacing techniques to live with more awareness, and overcome the tendency to overdo it on good days, and collapse on bad days.
- Learning to overcome the negativity bias of attention, and live with gratitude and cultivate joy in the small pleasures of life.
- Meditation techniques to support these skills, and to awaken mindfulness, compassion and self-compassion, and joy.
- You will also have the invaluable opportunity to talk to members of the Breathworks team one-to-one and in-depth about your personal meditation practice.
These techniques, backed with huge amounts of medical research, have helped thousands of people over the years, and a best-selling, award-winning book, Mindfulness for Health, was written based on the course.
Who is it for?
- Anyone who either can’t make it to an 8-week course or would prefer to learn in the immersive conditions provided by being on retreat.
- People coming for pain or health conditions, or simply wishing to experience greater well-being.
- Health and other professionals wishing to deepen their understanding and experience of mindfulness.
- 8-week mindfulness course graduates who wish to take their practice deeper.
- This retreat fulfills two of the pre-requisites for training with Breathworks – attending a course and attending a residential retreat.
- This retreat also meets the residential retreat CPD requirement for mindfulness teachers, trainers, and supervisors who may struggle to attend a week-long retreat due to family or other life commitments. Please discuss with your supervisor before booking.
What Is A Retreat Like?
In this retreat context, you will be able to let go of everyday concerns, and really live the practices taught in the Mindfulness for Health course. There is a schedule of teaching sessions and meals, cooked by volunteers, structured around a spacious amount of free time. The retreat centres that we hire are located in beautiful countryside, and have many communal areas, as well as spaces for rest and reflection.
A typical day's programme is as follows:
7.00 rise (moving to 6.30 after second day) followed by meditation
10.30 teaching session
1.00 lunch followed by free time to rest and take walks in the countryside
4.00 teaching session
7.45 teaching session
There are a limited number of concessionary places at £495, which are available to people in financial hardship. As a guide we suggest this applies to people with an income of less than £17,000 a year, or less than £20,000 if you live in London. If your annual income is higher than this and would like to discuss your eligibility for a concessionary place for other reasons, please contact us.
If you are a student member of the Breathworks Training Programme or an accredited Breathworks Mindfulness teacher and are interested in attending this retreat, but wouldn't be able to do so because of financial hardship, please contact the office to discuss discount or payment options.
Booking: To book please click on the link below. At the end of the form, on clicking submit, you will be directed to a secure payment site to pay the course fee which will confirm your booking.