Immerse yourself on a journey of self-discovery through the Breathworks approach to mindfulness and compassion. Learn how to come into present awareness through practices designed to still body and mind. From this place of stillness and calm, learn to turn towards painful sensations, thoughts and feelings with compassion, softening physical tension and the mental and emotional difficulties that often accompany it.
Finally, learn to discover the beauty that is being alive, through seeking out and dwelling in pleasant experiences, learning to hold both pleasant and unpleasant experiences with compassion, and beginning to connect with others through the universality of suffering and joy.
The Breathworks programme includes led meditation practices, mindful movements, mindfulness in daily life activities, and group enquiry and discussion. The retreat will cover the material from the Mindfulness for Health Course, based on Vidyamala's well known book, Mindfulness for Health, but in the context of an immersive retreat with the opportunity to dive deeply into practice. All learning is designed to be engaging and experiential. The retreat will also include extended periods of silence to help you take your practice deeper, and includes invaluable opportunities to talk in-depth to members of the Breathworks team one-to-one about your personal meditation practice.
- Sunday the 10th to Friday the 15th of June, at Adhisthana Retreat Centre, Herefordshire (click for address and travel details)
Please plan to arrive between 5-6pm on Sunday and to leave by 11am on Friday
Leaders: Vidyamala Burch and Sona Fricker, two of the founders of Breathworks. They have both been meditating for decades and love teaching and practising meditation with others. They will be assisted by a team of Breathworks Associate teachers, Alison Purnell and Colette Power.
- Sunday the 26th to Friday 31st of August, at Vajrasana Retreat Centre, Suffolk (click for address and travel details).
Please plan to arrive between 5-6pm on Sunday and to leave by 11am on Friday.
Leaders: Andrea Cygler, one of our most experienced Breathworks trainers, and a team of other Breathworks teachers still to be announced.
- Anyone who is interested in establishing a regular mindfulness practice but either can’t make it to an 8-week course or would prefer to learn in the immersive conditions provided by being on retreat.
- 8-week mindfulness course graduates who wish to take their practice deeper.
- Those interested in training with Breathworks who have yet to attend a residential retreat. This retreat fulfills two of the pre-requisites for training with Breathworks – attending a course and attending a residential retreat.
- This retreat also meets the residential retreat CPD requirement for mindfulness teachers, trainers, and supervisors who may struggle to attend a week-long retreat due to family or other life commitments. Please discuss with your supervisor before booking.
A typical day's programme is as follows:
7.00 rise (moving to 6.30 after second day) followed by meditation
10.30 teaching session
1.00 lunch followed by free time to rest and take walks in the countryside
4.00 teaching session
7.45 teaching session
There are a limited number of concessionary places at £495, which are available to people in financial hardship. As a guide we suggest this applies to people with an income of less than £17,000 a year, or less than £20,000 if you live in London. If your annual income is higher than this and would like to discuss your eligibility for a concessionary place for other reasons, please contact us.
If you are a student member of the Breathworks Training Programme or an accredited Breathworks Mindfulness teacher and are interested in attending this retreat, but wouldn't be able to do so because of financial hardship, please contact the office to discuss discount or payment options.
Booking: To book please click on the link below. At the end of the form, on clicking submit, you will be directed to a secure payment site to pay the course fee which will confirm your booking.