"I feel a lot calmer inside. I think that I’m now able to support others more effectively because I don’t get drawn into the detail of the stress... I’m more productive in the time that I have."
– Department of Health Staff Member, following a Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress course
Mindfulness: a long-term, low-cost strategy for upgrading mental health in your workplace
The problem of stress and stress-related absence, illness, and productivity loss is enormous, and it's on the rise:
- Stress is the most common cause for long-term sickness absence, and 1 in 5 employees report feeling ‘very’ or ‘extremely’ stressed at work
- 595,000 workers suffered from work-related stress, depression, or anxiety in Great Britain in 2017-18, up from 526,000 the previous year.
- This accounts for 57% of the total number of working days lost.
- The cost of stress-related absenteeism to UK Businesses is £35 billion pounds every year
- The costs of stress-related illness and reduced productivity at work are even higher
Breathworks Workplace Mindfulness Training
“I probably had two hours sleep a day.. and I’m getting a good 8 or 9 hours now… It was affecting my work but not anymore.”
Those who take part in our mindfulness courses experience on average:
This long term improvement after the course supports follow-up interviews conducted for research, and suggests that participants continued practicing these techniques and experienced increasing benefits. See more research into our courses here.
An independent report into the wider social value of Breathworks courses found that for every £1 invested, at least £5.76 of savings were produced from: reduced costs to employers due to absenteeism, reduced costs to public health services, and increased contributions at work and in the community.
Breathworks has been teaching since 2001, and our associate teachers are experts in mindfulness and highly experienced in teaching Mindfulness for Stress. Our mission is to share these mindfulness practices with those who need them most.
Some of Our Previous Clients
Get In Touch
When you ring up, on 020 3866 0404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, we can discuss your needs and budget, explore options, and create a bespoke plan for the exact requirements of your business or workplace. We are a leading mindfulness teacher training organisation and have skilled and experienced associates all across the UK ready to meet virtually any capacity.
Breathworks are unique amongst mindfulness organisations in working with a national pool of trained and accredited associate teachers, who bring an additional range of skills from professions including healthcare and medicine, psychotherapy, social work, organisational consultancy, etc., which we will select to match to the specific needs of your organisation.
Your plan might look something like this:
1. Testing the Waters
A first-hand experience of what mindfulness practice is like. Includes some teaching, led exercises and group discussion. Sessions run from 1-2 hours and can be offered on site, in a virtual classroom or at our headquarters.
2. Diving in
A comprehensive training in our full approach. Can be offered in 4, 6, or 8-week formats from anywhere between 1-4 hours, with both in-person and online components.
On this course we will cover:
- Our six-stage process for deepening moment- by-moment awareness
- Building resilience during times of stress and change
- Engaging in meaningful communication and connection with others
- Improving decision-making
- An understanding of how mindfulness can support mental health in stressful situations
- Tools and techniques to use and improve forever
The course includes:
- Instruction and support from an expert teacher
- Led meditation practices
- Group discussion
- Home practice requirements for sustained learning
- In-depth experience of a regular mindfulness practice
3. Going Deeper
Ongoing support options for a sustained practice that keeps unlocking the potential of employees and your organisation overall. Options include:
- Drop-in sessions with an experienced teacher to brush up on skills and practice with others
- Online support with daily led practices, group chats, and one-to-one and group coaching, offered in both synchronous and asynchronous formats
- One to one and group coaching for individuals and teams
- Training the trainer - for those who want to become a mindfulness champion and learn to teach the Breathworks approach to others within their organisation
The enormity of mental health issues at work is hard to overstate, and it’s costing your business money every single day. The research is clear: a happy workplace is an effective workplace. Get in touch with us now and create a compassionate and effective team.
Call: 020 3866 0404
Or simply fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch with you shortly.
If you can't see the form below please click here to redirect to it.